Mobile Goods Receiving
Real time updates of inbound inventory items
In busy receiving operations, workers are often obligated to choose either following the established procedures or focusing on how to get the job done. Too often, a paper-based process could result in errors and delays in the process. As a result, enterprises have to deal with inaccurate inventory records or delayed inventory information. Innovapptive’s mobile goods receiving - mConfirm mobile app enables easy processing of inbound inventory items and offers enterprises and inventory managers’ real-time visibility into inventory levels and eliminates human errors.
- Enhanced efficiency of warehouse, plant, field and accounts payable personnel.
- Reduce GR/IR reconciliation errors.
- Automated service entry sheet processing
- Up to 20-25% of minimized invoice exception situations
- Minimized human and manual errors and get up to date inventory information in real-time
- Increased productivity of field and accounts payable personnel
- Improved overall service procurement reconciliation to reduce operational costs
Key features and value drivers
- Search POs and process a goods receipt or a service entry sheet.
- Mobile OCR to capture unplanned service lines from an invoice/delivery ticket.
- Bar code read capability to support inventory receipt and transfer order posting.
- Pro-active push notifications of invoice exceptions to process goods receipts.
- Improve supplier relationships with timely payments.
- Reduce error processing of GR/IR resolutions.
- Leverage accurate and timely inventory and financial information.
For non-inventory expense items, such as office supplies or office furniture, several enterprises have adopted a self-service procurement model to create and manage their requisitions. Self-service procurement relieves enterprises’ purchasing department of a huge administrative burden, but an untimely entry of a goods receipt or service entry sheet, offsets these benefits and transfers the burden to your accounts payable department. Innovapptive’s mConfirm mobile app eliminates your GR/IR reconciliation headaches and allows requesters to create a goods receipt or a service entry sheet with a few clicks. The mobile app sends out proactive blocked invoice push notifications to drive requesters to create the receipt.
SAP service procurement mandates a service based invoice, which means, a requester/plant supervisor must enter a service entry sheet, before he signs an invoice receipt. However, more often than not, requesters may not enter the service entry sheet in a timely manner and requires accounts department to manually chase the concerned employees. The mConfirm mobile app comes pre-packaged with an SAP certified add-on for accounts payable to upload service purchase orders’ invoice images and then route it to a requester for resolution. Requester receives these invoices through push notifications and clicks on the OCR function to retrieve the line items from the PO or from the invoice itself (for unplanned service line items).