mWorkOrder case study
Mobile Work Order Management Helps Increase Technician Capacity, Wrench Time and Reduces Maintenance Backlog
About the client
The customer is a global oil & gas company that uses advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future. They focus on exploration for new liquids and natural gas reserves and turning crude oil into a range of refined products, which are moved and marketed around the world for domestic, industrial and transport use.
The customer chose Innovapptive’s mobile solution to evolve business horizons with simple SAP configurations and enabled a productive asset maintenance experience. Also, kept track of the time spent on their respective activities. Prior to using the Innovapptive mWorkOrder solution, maintenance technicians were working in silos. They needed a tool to bring all the different maintenance groups in the organization together to better address preventive and corrective maintenance tasks.
They required a system in place for tracking preventive and corrective work orders and measuring backlogs and work completions. Plan major equipment overhauls, to narrow the scope of work and increase planned maintenance tasks to stay organized and track inventory and costs.
- Unwanted inventory costs, unexpected downtime, and production delays.
- Unplanned maintenance due to paper based and manual processes causes rework and unexpected overtime.
- Align work requests that often get misplaced or are left unattended. Permit operators to report issues at any time and assign work based on priority.
- Improved compliance, standardized processes, reduced costs and achieved seamless user experience.
- Achieved first time resolution rates and manage priorities in real time to avoid any equipment failures.
- Work capacity up by 10 to 20%, productivity up by up to 30%.
- Rework reduced by 15 to 20%, downtime reduced by 20 to 30%.
- Maintenance backlog reduced by up to 60%, inventory carrying costs reduced by 5 to 10%.