Optimize Asset Performance through a Mobile Maintenance Workforce
Every company, either big or small has to maintain their assets and infrastructure up to date in order to keep their business engine moving without any downtime. However, there are some asset intensive industries where asset management becomes a critical issue. Some industries in this sector include mining, oil & gas, energy, utilities, rail and transit. They share a typical set of challenges that need to be addressed to enhance their operational performance, productivity, reliability and profitability.
Mobile apps from SAP’s plant maintenance module can help asset-intensive enterprises address these unique challenges in maintaining their mission-critical assets – which are typically distributed across geographies and often located in remote areas and exposed to the elements. The people who service and operate them are distributed, mobile and work in hazardous environments, whether at an oil-rig, in a warehouse, or atop a high-voltage line in a rural area. Anywhere, anytime access is critical, safety is paramount, and increased productivity is a major requirement.
This white paper provides an overview of the current asset maintenance scenario including a typical business case, and the collaborative role played by SAP and Innovapptive in mobilizing the enterprises to address their unique challenges, drive value and much more.
Key takeaways from this white paper
- Asset Maintenance – insights and challenges across the industry
- Confluence of mobile technology for effective asset management
- A typical business case for a mobile EAM solution
Key benefits accrued by leveraging mobile solutions, which includes, but not limited to:
- Reduction of downtime and production delays by 20% to 30%.
- Reduction of preventable failures by up to 90%.
- Reduction of maintenance backlogs by up to 60%.
- Reduction of Inventory carrying costs by 5 to 10%.
- Enhancement of labor productivity by up to 50%.