Why re-invent the wheel?
As a business executive, balancing your company’s immediate needs with its long-term growth is both paramount and challenging. Challenging questions arise, such as whether you should invest aggressively in long-term strategic initiatives, digital platforms and niche suppliers or take the less expensive, tactical and more conservative In-House "Build" approach to fix a narrow pain. The “build versus buy” dilemma continues in every enterprise and this white paper addresses the 10 factors that a business executive must evaluate by placing their end user needs in the forefront, before making this important decision.
Building custom software for your field workforce can unlock a host of benefits, but companies should only pursue that strategy if a) better software can provide a competitive advantage relative to your competitors, and b) you are building a large business that can spread the cost of a proprietary system over a large number of clients.
This White Paper covers 10 factors that you need to consider before making this decision:
- Dynamic Task & Role Based User Interfaces and Experiences
- Location & Geogrpahical Spread of Your Business
- Data Volume and Network Bandwidth
- "Killer" Mobile Device Features
- Enterprise Grade Architecture & Security
- Business Agility
- Strategic End-to-End Transformation Thought Process
- Change Management
- Solution/Product Roadmap, Community and Ecosystem
- Time to Market & Value.