Railways require constant maintenance to run efficiently. Failure to properly maintain rail assets can have costly and potentially fatal consequences for machinery and people alike. This whitepaper identifies five ways railroads can benefit from using mobile enterprise asset management solutions as part of the regular maintenance programs.
Let’s take a deeper look at:
- Fixed asset tracking can stop equipment theft
- Digital operator rounds can identify safety risks
- Mobile work order management leads to more efficient processes
- Digital work instructions enable repairs to be performed right the first time
- Configurable digital forms lead to faster, more effective data collection