We live in the Information Age. More knowledge is available today than at any time in history. However, despite all the wonderful data-gathering tools at our disposal, a lot of accumulated information simply can’t be easily shared within an organization. It’s stuck in what’s called an “information silo.” This means that while one group can access and benefit from the data, other departments are shut out. For industrial plants, this can cause big problems in the form of process bottlenecks and increased downtime, especially when the maintenance team and the warehouse try to collaborate.
In this whitepaper, you’ll discover a solution for information silos and the bottlenecks they cause. Connected worker technology using mobile devices empowers frontline workers and supervisors to work together and across departments to facilitate the completion of maintenance work orders to reduce bottlenecks and unplanned downtime.
- Information silos reduce the speed of action
- They also limit response agility and flexibility
- Connected worker technology delivers accurate, real-time information from the field
- This information can be seamlessly shared between workers, supervisors, and departments
- Improved collaboration means groups within an organization can make better decisions and take timely action