In the world of manufacturing, Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) is a logical extension of automation and connectivity, accounting for the maximum share of today’s global IoT spending. For businesses involved in the production and transportation of physical goods, IIoT provides higher operational efficiencies, new business models, and serves as a logical extension of automation and connectivity.
Industrial IoT opens many opportunities in automation, optimization, asset performance management, new ways of servicing customers, and the creation of new revenue models. To survive in today’s hyper-competitive business environment with highly disruptive technologies; companies are heavily investing in IIoT to increase growth and maximize productivity. IIoT has the potential to drive productivity and improve operating costs across multiple industries, including manufacturing, oil and gas, and mining.
IIoT in manufacturing creates smarter environments with greater visibility helping companies to optimize their operations and better prepare for future demand. Industrial IoT-based solutions enable employees to access relevant information, and supporting application, from mobile devices anytime, from anywhere. Supervisory staff can monitor schedules, work orders’ statuses, asset maintenance histories, locations of employees/functional assets, inventories, and much more. Industrial IoT brings many advantages such as:
- Real-Time Monitoring: Industrial IoT, with internet connectivity, provides greater visibility and control capabilities for manufacturing plants, remote-based units, and supplier factories. By providing real-time monitoring, companies can fully utilize their assets with improved performance.
- Asset Utilization: Implementing Industrial IoT solutions enable companies to track asset performance, predict failures, and increase the efficiency of operations.
- Predictive maintenance: It helps companies monitor equipment health, schedule maintenance based on usage, and performing more effective preventive maintenance eliminating unplanned downtime. Machines now have more up-time, and person-hours are not wasted trying to fix unexpected failures.
- Real-time Data Analytics: The Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) takes machine-to-machine (M2M) to the next level by including a third element: data. The availability of all machine data in one virtual network gives original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) the ability to aggregate and analyze the data to generate better predictive analytic models.
- Safer Workplace: An essential function of Industrial IoT is to make the workplace safer. Minimizing workplace injury also helps optimize operational efficiency.
Industrial IoT revolution not only connects the unconnected maximizing operational efficiency but also dramatically improves the way people work connecting them directly to their work environments. IIoT solutions are fundamental to enhancing asset reliability and driving cost takeout by delivering real-time, intelligent and actionable data to connected systems or the end user.
Innovapptive mWorkOrder & RACE™ App Builder
Innovapptive offers mWorkOrder; an SAP® Certified Mobile Plant Maintenance solution. mWorkOrder is the most configurable enterprise mobile plant maintenance solution available on the market. The answer, initially developed to transform oil and gas businesses, has evolved to provide organizations across all industries the power to improve capital asset management in ways that increase reliability, real-time monitoring, and data analysis, enhance predictive maintenance and ensure workplace safety.
Fully configurable with Innovapptive’s RACE (Rapid App Configurator Engine) Configuration toolkit, mWorkOrder provides organizations with the unparalleled flexibility to zero in on industry-specific requirements and turn a company’s asset management system into a competitive advantage. mWorkOrder empowers your crews to work safer, more productively, and independently in the plants and out in the field. Providing cutting-edge user experiences is key to Innovapptive’s solutions, and mWorkOrder leverages the new ability to support HMT (head mounted tablet) devices completely run on voice command. This new feature enables workers to listen and respond to voice-based directions and process tasks in a more natural way, successfully decreasing turnaround time.
If you would like to find out more about mWorkOrder technology, RACE™ Configuration toolkit, or any of Innovapptive’s Mobile Workforce Management Solutions, our Solution Experts are ready to chat with you live, or you can reach us at (713) 275-1804.
(Internet of Things Source: Forbes)