COVID-19 knows no borders; neither does your business. As the world shuts down or works from home, you struggle to keep up production, even with the challenges of the pandemic.
Maintenance staff can’t work from home. They must remain onsite, ensuring equipment stays in peak condition. How can you protect these crucial workers from the coronavirus and still have them effectively perform their jobs?
Innovapptive has a digital answer that lets key industrial plants and facilities achieve both. We’ve enhanced our mobile-first mWorkOrder and RACETM Dynamic Forms solutions to keep plant employees safe. Innovapptive has worked within the latest federal Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines to develop several coronavirus digital checklists.
It’s important to note that Innovapptive offers a baseline public health regulation guideline package. This package can be instantly reconfigured to meet any public health regulation guidelines or an enterprise’s environment, health and safety (EHS) policies, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and job instructions. Operators and technicians can use these checklists to address COVID-19 issues and prevent the virus from spreading in the workplace.
In less than 30 minutes, our team used the Innovapptive RACE Dynamic Forms platform to develop a few examples and videos on how you can embrace public health regulation guidelines, practice “social distancing” and reduce the risk of COVID-19 disease spread across your workforce -
- COVID-19 Work Order Execution and Job Safety Instructions – Derived from the CDC’s COVID-19 Preparedness Assessment Test, this checklist mandates technicians complete the coronavirus testing protocol before beginning any work order. This ensures workers don’t take unnecessary risks and remain compliant with health and safety procedures. View a video here.
- COVID-19 Site and Environment Risk Assessment – Conduct regular and thorough risk assessment exercises to determine your organization’s vulnerability to COVID-19. Rank risks by severity and likeliness of occurring, enabling decision makers to take prompt and appropriate action. View a video here.
- COVID-19 Safety Inspection Checklist – Develop and implement a response plan to promote personal protection and social distancing. Ensure your company has taken all needed preventative measures to safeguard workers and stop the spread of COVID-19. View a video here.
COVID-19 Site Preparedness – Identify specific tasks you can perform today to prepare for, respond to and remain vigilant in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic, or any other public health threat. View a video here.
Head of State promotes a “Digital-First” world as an immediate priority
The Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi, recently highlighted his vision on how to convert the COVID-19 crisis into opportunity. Prime Minister Modi urges the world to become a “Digital-First” society that can envision and immediately implement:
- A “Digital-First” approach to develop new business models,
- Operations must be highly adaptable and flexible to respond to change,
- Workforces must and will become highly productive and efficient in a digital world,
- Embrace “Digital-Solution Operations” that safeguard the well-being of workers.
Digital transformation offers greater safety and productivity
With mWorkOrder, technicians using mobile devices such as smartphones, scanners, tablets, etc., execute repairs and conduct inspections, operator rounds, equipment checks, etc. Performance and safety data is collected in real time. Completed work orders are instantly uploaded to the back-office system of record (such as SAP or IBM Maximo). This boosts technician wrench time by eliminating the need to manually input data from paper forms.
Paper forms put workers at greater risk of infection. Recent research in the American Journal of Nursing shows that test organisms placed on paper survived for a considerable time. If someone later touches the contaminated paper, organisms can transfer to their hands, spreading the coronavirus. A digital maintenance and inspection solution dramatically cuts those risks and promotes social distancing.
RACE Dynamic Forms allows super users to create or edit role-based forms and checklists on the fly in 30 minutes or less. The solution is intuitive and easy to use; no coding experience is required. This video gives an up-close look at the power and versatility mWorkOrder and RACE Dynamic Forms offer.
The result is a total digital transformation of your operations:
- Real-time digital work orders replace cumbersome and risky paper forms,
- Decision makers gain greater visibility into maintenance operations,
- Wrench time is increased,
- Compliance and safety regulations are met,
- Problems are documented and electronically stored, providing a valuable history to help spot risk trends.
Keep your workers safe in this time of crisis. To learn more about mWorkOrder and RACE Dynamic Forms can help you reduce the spread of COVID-19 and increase productivity, click here to schedule a free demo or call us at 844-464 6668.