SAP Mobile Inventory and Warehouse Management for Total Visibility and Reducing Supply Chain Carrying Costs
Is a mobile inventory management solution an answer to your thriving businesses inventory management challenges?
Effective inventory control and management is a vital function for continued success. Growing business increases inventory investment to meet customer service goals and maintain maximum profits. Expanding businesses lack effective inventory management in tracking movement of goods, clearing inventory, adjusting purchasing strategies, with efficient data management tools. They face the challenge of running the potential risk of uncertain and inaccurate reports of current inventory levels leading to time mismatch between supply-demand.
The tentative nature of both supply and demand.
Inaccurate assessments of inventories lead to complex supply chains. Unpredictable supply and demand creates challenging situations with unsteady supplier performance, scarcity of materials, supply chain disruptions that contribute to the need to establish alerts for buffer stocking levels to provide safety days of lead-time supply. When we look at the demand side, the overall economic environment, launching of new products and innovations, and sales volume for some high-traffic items and scarce or seasonal sales for others make it necessary inducting a mixed approach to item-by-item stocking levels. Inventory situations are complicated further when finished goods for sale or thousands of parts for assembly are warehoused across multiple locations.
Physical inventory control and planning
Parallel entry into SAP system is difficult in physical inventory control where the receiving, movement, stocking, and overall physical control of inventories happen. With shipments arriving and departing many times each day, in mid-market and larger companies, bar-coding stock keeping units consigning, and kit repackaging are important aspects of physical inventory control which requires updating into central database. Delay and postponement of updating the central database process from the manual data on papers creates inaccurate inventory view to the sales personnel.
Are expensive and scarce handheld devices the right solution to resolve your inventory management challenges?
Prior to the smartphone and tablet revolution, handheld devices from companies like Motorola provided ground breaking enterprise solutions to manage end-to-end inventory operations and transaction updates. However, with the advent of smartphones and tablets, the following challenges of a handheld device can be overcome:
- Higher total cost of ownership (TCO) with longer ROI cycles
- Complex infrastructure, operating systems and software needed to be managed
- Inability to work on a wireless provider’s data plan
- Heavy offline support required, causing data synchronization conflicts
- Usability – Heavy training required for warehouse personnel
We understand that a smart phone based applications is not a "One Size - Fits All" Solution
On July 15th, 2014, Innovapptive also announced support for Motorolla Handheld Ruggedized Computers and enterprises can run this entire mobile inventory and warehouse management solution on MC3200 and other handheld ruggedized computers
Put all your employees’ smart phones to work and work smarter to produce accurate inventory information
Eliminate inherent complexities, dependencies on offline processing and redefine your user experience - with a simple and cost effective mobile solution that can run on any smartphone or tablet. Innovapptive’s mInventory mobile solution runs on all popular iOS, Android and Windows devices and integrates with a ruggedized peripheral to carry out efficient RFID, QR Code and Bar Code scans to manage an array of inventory functions. The mInventory mobile solution is an SAP certified mobile app and supports offline processing of critical inventory transactions. This disruptive solution from Innovapptive is redefining how each and every warehouse personnel an assist in automating these critical inventory management functions, resulting is accurate and up to date inventory information in SAP. Optimizing the inventory by using mInventory solution avoids frequent occurrence of stock-outs and stock overages of inventory. The mInventory app helps to view, update and make better decisions of stock levels to maintain accurate stock report and improve demand forecasting. Below is a highlight of business benefits that large manufacturing companies are currently witnessing:
- Perform physical and cycle counts quickly and achieve a 98% accuracy of inventory levels.
- Streamline Inventory Cycle Counting and Reduce number of FTE's for cycle counting.
- Speed receipt and back-order reporting to and from shipping/receiving by over 35%.
- Reduce Inventory carrying costs by 5 – 10%.
- Manage physical inventory movement in real time and improve inventory accuracy by 30%.
- Eliminate investments in expensive RFID guns and consoles to tighten your supply chain, service responses and order fulfillment.
- Streamline goods receipts, issues, transfers and returns
- Streamline data processing on receivables.
- Manage rolling inventories, satellite storerooms, and truck/trunk stock.
- Tighten the supply chain, service response times, and ship-to-bill cycles
Here are some of key features of the mInventory mobile solution
- Ruggedized Peripherals for RFID, Bar Code or QR Code Scans
- Scan RFID’s, Bar Codes and QR Codes to ship and receive inventory.
- Accept and distribute incoming materials by purchase order.
- View stock detail information at plant, storage location and batch level, anytime, anywhere.
- Pre-pick materials and issue, return or transfer goods electronically
- Inventory Cycle Count Scheduling, Counting and Adjustments.
- Print Packing Slips and Bill of Lading documents from SAP wirelessly.
- Print USPS, FedEx, UPS and shipping labels.
- Check availability of materials while on the job.
If you would like a demo of Innovapptive's portfolio of Native or Web based mobile solutions, please click on the link. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss with an Innovapptive solution expert, you can reach out to us by emailing us at email@example.com or you can
reach a sales representative at (713) 275-1804.