The Innovapptive Product Team (one of our largest teams in the Company) are constantly looking for ways to expand and improve the Innovapptive solutions. They are pushing out new features, improvements, and bug fixes several times per day. To keep you informed, we’re releasing Feature Rollups of our newest additions. With the Rollups, we will highlight all the improvements we’ve launched, keeping you up-to-date on what’s new.
As we near the end to an amazing 2018, Innovapptive is excited to give you a sneak peek at a few amazing new features and highly requested functionality upgrades to our top solutions: mWorkOrder and mInventory.
mWorkOrder gives plant technicians/maintenance workers the ability to work safer, more productively, and independently, providing an intuitive user experience. The Solution provides users anytime, anywhere access to the information they need to do their jobs. The mWorkOrder is an SAP® Certified solution that leverages the SAP Plant Maintenance (PM) module at the back-end to deliver a consistent, reliable and productive asset maintenance experience across a wide range of industries.
Innovapptive’s award-winning mInventory solution lets users perform day-to-day inventory transactions through handheld devices and laptops by accessing the master data of SAP. The precise tracking and paperless management of mInventory help increase productivity, lower costs, optimize supply chains, and improve customer service. This SAP® certified solution leverages the SAP Inventory Management (IM), Warehouse Management (WM) and Extended Warehouse Management (EWM) modules to deliver a simple, reliable and productive user experience across a wide range of industries. It can even work in places where internet access is intermittent or non-existent and helps you seamlessly switch between online and offline modes.
Here are a few sneak peeks of what we’ve launched in Release 7.0
mWorkOrder is now enhanced to support wearable devices. Starting in mWorkOrder 7.0, users can perform the following actions with wearable devices in mWorkOrder application on Android platform:
- Create Work Order
- Update Work Order
- Release Work Order
- Auto Confirm Operation
- Create Notifications
GIS Support – Latlongo & Lemur
Today the power of handheld devices is comparable to the desktop computers of a few years back. Together with the rapid adoption of the internet in the field, this progress has triggered fitting mobile GIS systems into work processes. mWorkOrder 7.0 supports the latest Latlongo & Lemur GIS SDK and provides a standalone GIS App for improved UX and integration flexibility with mWorkOrder. Users can track the Work Orders and Notifications with their geographical location by tapping the Map icon available on the bottom of the Home screen.
Having reference documentation within your handheld devices is a game changer for many field technicians. Beginning with mWorkOrder 7.0, users can access reference documents including help documents, work instructions, reference papers, design documents, etc., from each of the mWorkOrder application screens. Reference documents are stored in a separate offline database, which supports up to 500 MB of data storage. A document icon has been added at the top-right corner on the application screen. Tapping this icon will open a pop-up screen, where users can search and download the documents.
The newly-added PDF markup feature in mWorkOrder 7.0 allows users to annotate PDF attachments by adding their Signature, Comments, and Highlight texts to a PDF document. This feature is available across the Work Orders, Notifications, Measuring Points, Functional Locations, and Equipment modules.
Reprocessing of Failed Transactions
Failed transactions are a thing of the past in mWorkOrder 7.0. In the newest release, users can view and reprocess the failed transactions from Offline Outbox for Work Orders, Notifications, Functional Locations, and Equipment modules. Users can see details of all failed transactions in the Offline Outbox and can edit those failed transactions to post again once they are back online. The failed transactions will be removed from the Offline Outbox, once they are successfully posted.
Extended RACE Configurable—Dashboard (UI5)
Innovapptive’s RACE™ empowers your enterprise IT and business teams with a tool enabling them to build mobile apps to support native iOS, Android, Windows, and Web-based devices. The newest release of mWorkOrder 7.0 extends the RACE configurability of the dashboard for the application on a UI5 platform and includes the following dashboard features:
- Filter functionality
- Configurable multiple sub-sections in the dashboard
- Configurable multiple columns on listview
- Sorting functionality for listview column
- Configurable line charts, bar charts, list view, metrics view
- Navigating to the list by tapping the line items
Optical Character Reader (OCR)
It is increasingly common for documents to be scanned so that they can be conveniently viewed and shared via electronic means. However, a scan is a static image capture of the original document that cannot be edited or searched in any way. This results in a decrease in efficiency since employees now must manually correct or search through multiple pages. OCR solves this problem by making the document text searchable and allows users to scan text from mInventory application. As the user scans the text, it will be populated on the field. OCR field type is RACE configurable. This feature works in both Online and Offline modes for the following modules:
- Stock Overview.
- Goods Receiving.
- Goods Issue.
- Inbound & Outbound Processes.
- Cycle Counting.
- Transfer Postings.
- Consignment Audit.
Warehouse Bin Counting—Combo Scan
Beginning in mInventory 7.0, the combo scan feature extends the scanning capability (scan multiple fields in a single trigger) of the application. This allows users to:
- Scan multiple fields and automatically find and select the line item in a single trigger.
- Eliminate the manual filling of quantity by Quantity Aggregation feature.
mInventory 7.0 is enhanced in the following modules:
- Cycle Counting—Warehouse Cycle Counting and Adjustments – This enhancement allows users to navigate to the Count screen from the Search screen in a single step through combo scan.
- Transfer Postings—Bin to Bin Transfer – This enhancement allows users to perform combo scan of multiple fields which will automatically focus and select the corresponding line item in a single trigger. Also, this enhancement eliminates the manual filling of quantity by using Quantity Aggregation feature.
- Inbound & Outbound Processes—Picking - This enhancement allows users to perform combo scan of multiple fields and the combo scan will automatically find and select the corresponding line item in a single trigger. Also, this enhancement eliminates the manual filling of quantity by using Quantity Aggregation feature.
- Inbound & Outbound Processes—Putaway by TR - This enhancement allows users to perform combo scan of multiple fields. The combo scan will automatically find and select the corresponding line item in a single trigger. Also, this enhancement eliminates the manual filling of quantity by using Quantity Aggregation feature.
Alternate Unit of Measure (UoM)
Beginning with mInventory 7.0, users can select an Alternate Unit of Measure (UoM) to store counts of materials, extending the mInventory application capability to record a measurement per the business requirement. Alternate UoM field is RACE configurable. This feature works in both Online and Offline modes for the following modules.
- Goods Receiving - Purchase Order.
- Cycle Counting—Physical Inventory.
- Cycle Counting—Warehouse Cycle Counting and Adjustments.
- Inbound & Outbound Processes—TO Confirmation.
- Transfer Posting - Bin to Bin.
mInventory 7.0 includes an enhanced dashboard for the Goods Receiving—Purchase Order (GR—PO) module providing better insight, quick identification, and easy navigation on the recorded data. The dashboard offers a better user experience with the following features:
- Layouts based on Metrics, Counts, Graphs, and Lists.
- RACE-configurable layout with a defined query to retrieve data and present view based on an attribute of the data set.
- Flexible filtering capability based on user preferences scope.
- Multiple columns on a list view.
- List view column touch sorting.
- View user preferences while offline sync is in process. If updated and saved, offline sync will restart.
Managerial Dashboard Metrics—Only on Desktop (UI5)
This feature in mInventory 7.0, allows users to access metrics based on configurable dashboards in the application. Beginning with 7.0, users can configure the metrics for Goods Receiving—Purchase Order module and Inventory Accuracy and track the application benefits.
If you would like to find out more about mInventory & mWorkOrder, or any of Innovapptive’s Mobile Workforce Management Solutions, our Solution Experts are ready to chat with you or you can reach us at (713) 275-1804.